A community-based infrastructure to target patients and populations in need
The processes and measurements behind our outcomes
Access to data to drive our success
Programs to anticipate and address specific patient needs
New demonstrations, pilots and programs
Management ToolsPatient Management Tools
Patient Management Tools
Materials to support providers and help educate patients
Network Update 19: 7/20/2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
CCNC in the News
- Boston Globe editorial. There was a positive CCNC reference in the Boston Globe last week in an editorial discussing the post-SCOTUS-decision landscape in health care.
- Local ACOs recognized by CMS. Two local publications note the addition of Cornerstone Health Care in High Point and Triad Healthcare Network in Greensboro to the list of CMS-Approved ACOs, now numbering 89 organizations.
- Medicaid Expansion debate. CCNC’s ability to restrain Medicaid costs is noted in a discussion of Medicaid expansion and insurance exchanges in the Carolina Journal.
People in the Spotlight. Several CCNC folks were singled out for recent honors and opportunities.
- Preceptor of the year. AccessCare’s Monique Alford, PharmD, was recognized as one of the Preceptors of the Year by the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. For more information, please see the UNC site. Congrats to Monique!
- White House/DHHS policy discussions. Community Care Plan of Eastern North Carolina's Huyla Coker, PharmD participated in a discussion regarding “HIT and Improving Care Quality and Patient Health” at a June gathering of Senior Obama administration officials. Dr. Coker also participated in a Health IT Vanguards “Meet and Greet” at DHHS Headquarters in DC, where she described her role as a transitional care pharmacist and how health information technology improves patient care in northeastern NC.
- Western North Carolina’s Dr. R.W. “Chip” Watkins has been busy on the speaker circuit in the last few weeks, addressing the National State and Local Government Benefits Association, the NC Primary Care Conference, and the NC Academy of Family Physicians Summer Meeting. Dr. Watkins has also begun a three-year term as one of only 19 doctors nationally serving on NCQA's Physician Review Oversight Committee.
Social media update. Please help support CCNC's fledgling social media presence by following us on Twitter (@communitycarenc) and “liking” us on our Facebook page. We’ll be building these tools out as time permits.
Career opportunities at CCNC. Applications are currently being accepted for the following positions. For more information, please see the CCNC Career Page.
- QMAF Project Manager
- Director of Analytics and Reporting
- IC Reports Administrator
- Network Financial Analyst
- Senior Data Analyst
- Accreditation Coordinator
Welcome new faces. Please welcome the latest folks to drink the CCNC Kool-aid:
- Provider Portal Project Manager Mohamed (Manny) Baksh; and
- Contract Specialist Jim Hennen.
-- As always, please let us know if you have news you'd like to share with the CCNC family.
-- Interested in receiving this publication by email? Just click the button below.